posted by drew
"Let us keep the issues where they are. The issue is injustice.... Now we've got to keep attention on that. That's always the problem with a little violence. You know what happened the other day and the press dealt only with the window-breaking. I read the articles. They very seldom got around to mentioning the fact that one thousand, three hundred sanitation workers were on strike, and that Memphis is not being fair to them, and that Mayor Loeb is in dire need of a doctor. They didn't get around to that."
--Martin Luther King Jr., April 3, 1968
1 comment for "Quote of the Day: King on Window-breaking and the Press"
Drew Dellinger is a speaker, poet, writer, teacher, and founder of Planetize the Movement. He has inspired minds and hearts at over 1000 events around the planet, performing poetry and keynoting on justice, ecology, cosmology, activism, democracy and compassion.
- Jul 22: IONS 16th International Conference
- Apr 06: The Mountaintop Vision: Martin Luther King's Cosmology of Connection
- Mar 23: The Power of Art to Planetize the Movement
- Feb 04: Gate 2 & Gate Transformational Story Conference
JOIN PLANETIZE THE MOVEMENT!
in the store
what people are saying about drew
"That should be the world's national anthem, the world's global anthem."
- Rachel Kohn, Australian National Public Radio, on Drew Dellinger's poem, "Word to the Mother"