posted by drew
Regarding General Colin Powell's devastatingly effective endorsement of Obama, one might ask, to what extent is the power and passion of the general's public statement related to regret at being used by Bush and sacrificing his integrity at the United Nations in February of 2003?
In 2003 Powell testified at the U.N. as the character witness for George Bush's War-Based-on-Lies. In 2008 Powell appeared on "Meet The Press" and lacerated McCain like a skilled courtroom lawyer.
Obama was launched as an anti-war candidate, whereas McCain has championed the invasion of Iraq.
Is it possible that General Powell's conscience is haunted by the thought of several hundred thousand murdered Iraqis?
Filed under Politics
Drew Dellinger is a speaker, poet, writer, teacher, and founder of Planetize the Movement. He has inspired minds and hearts at over 1000 events around the planet, performing poetry and keynoting on justice, ecology, cosmology, activism, democracy and compassion.
- Jul 22: IONS 16th International Conference
- Apr 06: The Mountaintop Vision: Martin Luther King's Cosmology of Connection
- Mar 23: The Power of Art to Planetize the Movement
- Feb 04: Gate 2 & Gate Transformational Story Conference
JOIN PLANETIZE THE MOVEMENT!
what people are saying about drew
"One of the great poets of our time."
- Lynne Twist, co-founder of the Pachamama Alliance, author of The Soul of Money