posted by drew
"Myths grow like crystals, according to their own, recurrent pattern; but there must be a suitable core to start their growth. Mediocrities or cranks have no myth-generating power; they may create a fashion, but it soon peters out."
--Arthur Koestler (1959)
1 comment for "Quote of the Day: On Myth"
Drew Dellinger is a speaker, poet, writer, teacher, and founder of Planetize the Movement. He has inspired minds and hearts at over 1000 events around the planet, performing poetry and keynoting on justice, ecology, cosmology, activism, democracy and compassion.
- Apr 06: The Mountaintop Vision: Martin Luther King's Cosmology of Connection
- Mar 23: The Power of Art to Planetize the Movement
- Feb 04: Gate 2 & Gate Transformational Story Conference
- Dec 27: The Galactic Tour
JOIN PLANETIZE THE MOVEMENT!
in the store
what people are saying about drew
"Thomas Berry insisted on the over-arching importance of spreading the epic version of the universe story as our new creation myth, and Thomas insisted that we couldn't leave this vital work of cultural therapy to scientists but must enlist the artists, musicians and poets. Well Drew Dellinger was among the first to answer this call and certainly among the most talented and effective. I can't speak highly enough of the quality of both the work and his delivery."
- John Seed, Australia, rainforest activist and co-author of Thinking Like a Mountain