posted by drew
They said that sacrifice was needed, so 5000 troops must give up their lives.
They said that sacrifice was necessary, so 1 million Iraqi civilians had to die.
They said we all must sacrifice, and trade privacy and liberty for unprecedented surveillance.
They said we have to all pitch in, and bail out the reckless bankers on Wall Street.
They said we have to sacrifice, the planet, our climate, the future.
But when the very wealthiest are asked to simply let the Bush tax cuts expire as planned, the sacrifice suddenly seems to be too much, their answer: ‘not a chance!’
Drew Dellinger is a speaker, poet, writer, teacher, and founder of Planetize the Movement. He has inspired minds and hearts at over 1000 events around the planet, performing poetry and keynoting on justice, ecology, cosmology, activism, democracy and compassion.
- Jul 22: IONS 16th International Conference
- Apr 06: The Mountaintop Vision: Martin Luther King's Cosmology of Connection
- Mar 23: The Power of Art to Planetize the Movement
- Feb 04: Gate 2 & Gate Transformational Story Conference
JOIN PLANETIZE THE MOVEMENT!
in the store
what people are saying about drew
"Drew Dellinger is a master wordsmith who reframes the environmental movement in the vastness of cosmology."
- Leonora Oppenheim, Treehugger blog, London, UK